What is the one thing we all wish we could turn back? What is the one thing we all wished we had a little more of? TIME. In today’s fast paced world where even mandir darshan happens online, is it any wonder that you can now seek therapy online too? This is not only convenient but studies/research shows that it is just as effective. Infact, a study conducted by the University of Zurich discovered 57 % patients who underwent online treatment were free of depression, compared to 42 % who had traditional therapy.
The modes of online therapy are many. One can choose to do a video call, a voice call and even chat with your therapist through the course of the day! Some of the questions that you are likely to ask include:
• Can I really speak honestly to someone I can’t even see?
• How do I know I am talking to someone qualified?
• Am I going to feel any better at the end of it?
Research says, it’s easier to reveal intimate information about yourself this way because there’s a sense of anonymity when you’re in an online relationship with a mental health professional. Also, most online therapy platforms like Juno.clinic, have their therapist listed on their sites with a detailed profile about their background, qualifications, experience etc. You can look around for a therapist you think you will be most comfortable with or they will help you find one that suits you best.
About feeling any better, new studies suggest online therapy may be MORE effective for treating mental health issues. Research found online CBT could effectively reduce symptoms of depression and other mental health issues. In some cases, online CBT was even more effective than traditional in-person therapy!
A recently released app in US, Talkspace-a Whatsapp-like encrypted platform that only a user and their therapist can enter has seen an overall 80% growth since its launch. And why not? Its benefits are many! Like,
• You can get therapy without travelling anywhere
• The same privacy rules apply as any traditional therapy
• You still have licensed therapist counselling you, but from the comfort of your own private space.
• Amazing accessibility! Be it a smartphone, laptop, or tablet.
• Better availability. You no longer need to wait for that appointed time of the week to reach out to your therapist. You can talk about your issues as and when they come up!
• And mostly it’s more affordable than traditional therapy
In India, Juno.clinic in its endeavour to make professional counseling accessible, affordable and convenient, so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help, anytime, anywhere has launched its “My Sessions” feature.
This feature enables you to exchange messages with your therapist even before you have started your session. It helps you build a sense of confidence and comfort with your therapist. It can be something as simple as saying a “Hello” or leaving a note about your feelings or maybe you wanting to know your therapist a bit more. It is a completely private and secure platform to communicate; exclusive to you and your therapist.
You can exchange messages with your counselor at any time, from anywhere, using any internet-connected device. The room is open 24/7 and since messaging is not in real-time it doesn’t require scheduling. Instead, you can choose whenever you want to write or respond to your counselor.
How does it work?
• Visit Juno.clinic and find your therapist.
• Call or mail us to set an appointment at a time convenient to you.
• You can communicate with your therapist via a voice call, video call, or a chat session.
• Connect with your therapist, even before your appointed time, by leaving them a message via the “My Sessions” tab.
• Click on the tab, fill in your registered mobile number, enter the verification code sent to your number and you are all good to go.
• This is a private and secure communication platform exclusive to only you and your therapist.
• Choose whenever you want to write to your therapist.
• Your therapist may not be available online at that time to respond immediately, but will do so sometime during the course of the day.
Mental health is as important as your physical health and can have long term repercussions on your emotional well-being. Even though in the earlier days, there might have been a lot of social stigma attached to seeking professional help, today it is no longer the case. The first step is to recognise and acknowledge that you need help. That in itself is a step in the right direction. Platforms like Juno.clinic makes therapy accessible and convenient, giving you the opportunity to understand, recognise, acknowledge and seek help at the right time.
Juno.Clinic India trusted Psychologists & Therapists help. Call us @ 022-3381-4194 in India, UK, UAE, Singapore, US etc help for all depression, relationship problems, stress, anxiety concerns etc.